Wednesday 21 May 2014

I made it!

Apologies for not updating my blog for a few weeks, I've been crazy busy! Had the most amazing few weeks catching up with friend's & family. I think I managed to gain at least half a stone from all the eating & drinking. Healthier eating will be commencing once I've tried on my bikini & realise it doesn't fit. Oh wait, I have a tankini, phew!

My work leaving do was ace. Felt pretty ropy the next day but thankfully Costco pizzas were in order! I was given so many presents it was better than a birthday. Then spent the afternoon wearing said presents around the office: #selfie t-shirt, black & white floppy hat & some rather fetching pink tropical glasses! Then that night with hangover still very much present, I was forced to go out again...... only to find my friend's Faye & Lindsay had decided to visit me from Spain & France! What a lovely surprise. Sat night was my leaving do with friends & it was the best. So great to get all my friends together. Packing on Sunday with a hangover wasn't my best ever plan but I did it. My bag only weighed 17kg too. Pretty impressive for me!

So at present I'm sat at Doha airport waiting for my connection to Bali. Worked out the journey time will be 23 hours in total. This is the farthest I've ever traveled in my life. Managed to get into the exec lounge in Manchester for free. I think the receptionist took pity on me when she saw my tear stained & `omg what the hell am I doing` face! Was sat next to a lovely guy from Manchester on the flight who was a radio producer who was on his way to Muscat to see about a job over there. Sounded interesting. He'd ran the Manchester 10k the previous day so was walking liked he'd crapped himself! His words not mine!

Anyway the last couple of week's has made me realise how many amazing & fabulous people I have in my life. Honestly, as I sit here now I can't believe how lucky I am. This year is already turning out to be the best ever (although hard to beat 2007 & the HD results). From day trips up & down the UK, to dinner with friends. Girl`s nights in to coffee catch up's. I keep thinking it's all just a dream. And now here I am, on a 6 month trip visiting some wonderful places. I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I don't think I've actually thought about what I'm about to embark on. I've been thinking about doing something like this for years, but now it's a reality.   I know it'll be tough at times & will be weird sharing hostels with strangers. But I will treat myself every so often so it's not so bad.

So I'm now at my first hostel. It's basic but not too bad. Been chatting to my roomies, who've been giving me lots of tips. Was very greatful for Becky-Jo's dad picking me up from the airport. We had a beer in a bar just round the corner from my hostel. Going to head to sleep now.... tiredness is taking over.

Big love
Jackie x





No comments:

Post a Comment